Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

I nipped...

...on up to Hereford yesterday, partly because I wanted a few new clothes to go and see The Go! Team in, and partly to go to a service at the Cathedral. I had much less money in my account than I had though, so I had to limit myself to a pair of trousers, the 'We are scientists' album, and a version of St. Augustine's 'confessions'. I also drank far too much tea, waiting for the Choral Evensong service at 5.30 - there's not a single midday-ish service at the Cathedral, which was a little disapointing to be honest. Now, no-one can accuse me of being 'low church', but I do like a little 'audience participation' in a service, but with the evensong, I might as well have been at a concert. All we had to say was the apostle's creed (which includes the belief in the intercession of saints - interesting). Lovely singing though, and as the choirboys were rather short, there was a scaled down processional cross for the cruicifer. Technorati Tag:
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?